How to setup the parallel computing of code_saturne4.0.2

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
MartianDuan

How to setup the parallel computing of code_saturne4.0.2

Post by MartianDuan »

Hello users,

I am using the subroutines to setup the case in code_saturne 4.0.2. Can you please give me some suggestions on setting up the parallel computation case using subroutines. I found there are some of the subroutines like 'define_case_parameters(case)' are disappeared in the 'cs_user_scripts.py'. It was the way to set the parallel computing in code_saturne 3.0.*.

Thanks in advance,

Yu.
Yvan Fournier

Re: How to setup the parallel computing of code_saturne4.0.2

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

There was a recent question about this on the forum, so searching recent posts with "parallel" should help you find it, and all the associated answers.

Things have changed slightly since v3, but "code_saturne run" options in the runcase are available for this.

Regards,

Yvan
MartianDuan

Post by MartianDuan »

Hi Yvan,

Thanks for the reply. I had checked the forum before. All of the cases are on using GUI to set up the case. Unfortunately, I did not successfully installed the GUI. Can you please tell me how to specify the number of core I want to use by using subroutines?

Best regards,

Yu.
Yvan Fournier wrote:Hello,

There was a recent question about this on the forum, so searching recent posts with "parallel" should help you find it, and all the associated answers.

Things have changed slightly since v3, but "code_saturne run" options in the runcase are available for this.

Regards,

Yvan
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You need to add ''--nprocs <number_of_mpi_ranks>" to the run command inside the runcase.

Check "code_saturne run --help" for the exact syntax (there is a short an long variant)

Regards,

Yvan