how achieve particle concentration with lagrangian method?

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
golnaz5100

how achieve particle concentration with lagrangian method?

Post by golnaz5100 »

Hi,

I am a new user of code saturne. I am simulating particle dynamic behavior in a 3D room by GUI. but I can not get any information about particle concentration. I read all the topics. I used Saturne 3.0.0 and 3.0.2 and 3.1. and I copied the Cs-user-extra option.f90 in SRC file.
in Statistics section I just can see
Par-vol-frac
part-velocity
Part-residual-time
particle statistic weight

would you please help me to have the particle concentration?

I can see the particle motion, trajectory and veloity and volume fraction in paraview, but there is no option for concentration.

thanks,
Golnaz
Brian Angel

Re: how achieve particle concentration with lagrangian metho

Post by Brian Angel »

Hello,

In a sense the volume fraction is a representation of the particle concentration in a given cell as it represents the fraction of a given cell occupied by the second phase.

In the routine lagcou.f90 in the source code supplied with Code_Saturne there are two variables, volp and volm, that are used to calculate the volume and mass of the second phase in a given cell. You can copy this routine into your SRC directory and perhaps use these variables to calculate the particle concentration as you want it.

To save what you have in the results file for post processing, you might be able to do this in the routine cs_user_extra_operations.f90.

Best regards,

Brian Angel.