Heated square cavity flow Version 3.0 Tutorial 3

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
JLettieri

Heated square cavity flow Version 3.0 Tutorial 3

Post by JLettieri »

Dear all,
Thank you to those who have made this code available. I am just starting with it (Version 3.0.0) and working my way through the tutorials. I apologize that is question is quite basic, but I am unable to be certain that I am understanding the documentation correctly and have not been able to find earlier discussion on this topic.

My question is about the above tutorial pdf documentation. On page 15 of Heated-square-cavity-flow.pdf document, it says regarding the user coding file cs_user_physical_properties.f90 and creating a variable density function: "The customised code available with the tutorial is already commented."

Where is this customised code found? Is it the code of the same name that we have already been pointed to and copied from: Rayleigh1Million>SRC>Examples? Or was there to be a separate customised version available for download with the tutorial pdf which implements the correct buoyancy approximation with the values from the Tutorial problem?

I am finding it difficult to go from the (8) main parts and logic descriptions listed in section 3.6 to the correct edited local version of cs_user_physical_properties.f90 that we need to complete the problem. The same applies for the changes called for in section 4.3 for cs_user_extra_operations.f90.

Thanks for any help,

James
Brian Angel

Re: Heated square cavity flow Version 3.0 Tutorial 3

Post by Brian Angel »

Hello,

Please find attached the two CS routines that are required for this tutorial.

Regards,

Brian Angel.
Attachments
cs_user_physical_properties.f90
(73.05 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
cs_user_extra_operations.f90
(12.56 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
JLettieri

Re: Heated square cavity flow Version 3.0 Tutorial 3

Post by JLettieri »

Thanks Brian!
That's great. I'll give it a try.