Issue on the re-prepeocessing the preprocessed mesh

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
MartianDuan

Issue on the re-prepeocessing the preprocessed mesh

Post by MartianDuan »

Dear developers and users,

I am trying to generate a mesh for a long geometry configuration by using a mesh of 1/4 of it.

My strategy is translating the original mesh to the required location, generating mesh 2,3,4. Then use the face joining to make them as one. It is required to do the preprocessing twice.

I tried two method, the one is using the 'mesh_output' from the fist processting (for translating purpose). It seems the code saturne would not allow to read more than one 'mesh_output', even their names are different. The other is using 'result_us.cgns' saved in 'postprocessing', however the ****.cgns do not contain any boundary faces. When I am trying to write the boundary information to it I suffered from some memory issue:'SIGSEGV signal (forbidden memory area access) intercepted!' The 'cs_user_postprocess.c' and 'listing' are attached.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance,

Yu.
Attachments
listing.log
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
cs_user_postprocess.c
(24.77 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Issue on the re-prepeocessing the preprocessed mesh

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

As your boundary mesh has no group info, you might try setting the "add_groups" option to false in the the cs_post_define_surface_mesh call (if no groups are present, the code should still not crash, but this may be both a workaround a a way to pinpoint the bug). If this still fails, could you also post your mesh_output file (or send it vi private message) so I can test/debug this ?

Code_Saturne will only read one "mesh_output", (linked as "mesh_input" in the run directory, so it does not need to search for a name), but mesh_output/mesh_input can be either a file, or a directory containing previous "mesh_input/output" files, in which case the code will read everything that is present...

An even better solution to avoid postpressing twice or read meshes with different names is to use the "cs_user_mesh_input" function from cs_user_mesh.c, which allows both reading meshes with your choice of names, and to apply simple geometric transormations (those which can be represented by a matrix in homogeneous coordinates, so at least combinations of translations, rotations, and scalings, but not symmetry) nad rename groups...

Regards,

Yvan