Training program

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
vshinde

Training program

Post by vshinde »

Hello Code Saturne team,

I was wondering if you are going to organize a training program on usage of code saturne sometime soon?

Thank you.

--
Vilas
Yvan Fournier

Re: Training program

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Every year, there is a training session organized in Chatou (near Paris) in March, and another in November. I am not sure of the exact dates, but I'll check.

Regards,

Yvan
CAVT

Post by CAVT »

Yvan, I would like to ask you related to this topic: would EDF (or the C_S team) provide training, both basic and advanced, on C_S and Syrthes for companies outside France? So far there's a remote possibility that my company would need it but I would like to know this, in case I'm asked for information on CFD solutions.
Thank you,

César Vecchio
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Specific training sessions outside France do occur occasionally, but are quite rare, and usually only with organizations with which we have specific collaboration agreements, or are participating in common projects (we do not have manpower specifically dedicated to training, so the number of sessions is limited).

A few consultancy companies with which we work or have worked in the might be able to organize such sessions (we actually encourage this, as it helps build an ecosystem), so we might be able to put you in contact with a few such companies we know if you need (though I can't guarantee anything).

Regards,

Yvan
frpageot

Post by frpageot »

Hello,

I saw that a training course will be held in china, but what about training course in France, will there be some in the next months ?
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The next session in France is the first week of November, if I remember correctly.

I think you can find info on the training cataloague from the EDF website, though the organisation of the site changed recently, and I can't remember where I sav a link...

Regards,

Yvan
frpageot

Post by frpageot »

Hello, thanks I found it on the EDF website.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
VincentM

Post by VincentM »

Hello,
i didn't found any info about next session. Can you tell me where i can get it on edf website?

Do you know if earlier "private" learning session exists? My boss asks me to learn that code to perform CFD modeling.

Regards.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Yes, the main EDF website was reorganized, and finding R&D stuff is now a mess...

Here is the current link to the training catalogue: https://www.edf.fr/sites/default/files/ ... urs_en.pdf

We do not have any "private" sessions outside specific projects, as our schedules are not infinitely extensible, though some companies with people experienced in the code might be able to do so (I would need to check).

Regards,

Yvan
VincentM

Post by VincentM »

Thank you for answer.

I'll also check by myself to try to find earlier session.

Please let me know if you find one.

Regards.