Error during make install of hdf5-1.8.8

This forum is dedicated to Syrthes related issues, as the Syrthes tool does not have its own forum.
Laurent Bertrand

Error during make install of hdf5-1.8.8

Post by Laurent Bertrand »

Dear all,

I am trying to install syrthes on a ubuntu virtual box but I get the following error:
-Error during make install of hdf5-1.8.8.
I get a huge list of trouble such as:

-ISO C90 does not support 'long long' format
-anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99

I am just looking to use syrthes in Ubuntu because in couldn't convert med file to syr file with the sythes version on windows.

Do you have any idea how this fix this trouble?
Yvan Fournier

Re: Error during make install of hdf5-1.8.8

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I recommend using a "packaged" version of hdf_ (and hdf5-dev).

With a recent enough version of Ubuntu (19.04), you might even have up-to-date packages for MED (libmedc-dev)., which should pull the hdf5 dependency. Actually, you even have a packaged version of syrthes, so installing that package should be enough to convert your files.

Regards,

Yvan
Laurent Bertrand

Hello Yvan,

Thank you for your answer.

I was sucesfull to install the software. But no, I still have the same trouble with convert2syrthes with the meshes:
MED version used to read file:3.0.6
This file has been created with MED 3.2.1

When I am using .unv files with only tetrahedral meches, I get the following error:
Wrong type of elements found (type=41)

How can I fix this problem? How can I change (type 41) to (type 91) in unv files?

Best regards
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You also need to use a more recent version of MED when installing Syrthes. Are you using the installer from the code_saturne website or force output of the mesh to an older MED version in Salome (possible I believe in versions 9.3 or 9.4).

Regards,

Yvan
Laurent Bertrand

Dear Yvan,

I am using Salome 9.3.0 and the med version available is 4.0 to 3.2.

When I am installing syrthes, I didin't see any suggestion to install a more recent med version. Could you please explain me how I can update the version in syrthes?

Best regards
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You can only update the MED version in Syrthes by compiling it with sources, and editing the setup.ini accordingly.

Or if you are using Ubuntu 19.04 or higher or a recent Debian version, simply install the syrthes package.

Best regards,

Yvan
Laurent Bertrand

Hello Yvan,

I am using the syrthes package 4.3.0-dfsg 1-2 build 1 and I still have the same problem. I also have installed hdf5-dev.

With the file from the website, I couldn't install syrthes software. I get too much error.

So, I have installed Salome V6-6 to get a mesh with med 6.0.3 but I get the same problem during the conversion from .med to .syr file.

I was just sussefull by changing code 41 to 91 in unv file but it takes too much time.

So, what can I do now please?
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

With the file from the website (https://www.code-saturne.org/cms/sites/ ... _29.tar.gz), you can post the errors you obtain to see how we can solve them.

With code_saturne 6.0, you can also use the "internal coupling" feature to handle conjugate heat transfer without Syrthes (if you do not simultaneously need radiative heat transfer coupling, which is still work in progress).

Best regards,

Yvan
Laurent Bertrand

Dear Yvan,

Finally, I have download Salome 6.4.0 win32 to have the good med version.

Now, it is working well with this software.

Actually, I am unsing sythes for the radiatin module.

Best regards.

Christophe