CS/Syrthes : Conduction/Convection/Radiation study

This forum is dedicated to Syrthes related issues, as the Syrthes tool does not have its own forum.
Josuez

CS/Syrthes : Conduction/Convection/Radiation study

Post by Josuez »

Hello !

I was hesitating about where I should post this so feel free to move the subject somewhere else if needed.

I am trying to simulate the behavior of a Dewar flask, thus the full thermal coupling as mentioned in the title.
I am coupling with code_saturne for the convection part and would like to handle the conduction/radiation part in Syrthes.
Independantly, the Syrthes conduction/radiation case and the coupled C_S/Syrthes convection/conduction (no radiation) case work. But as I half expected it, C_S/Syrthes coupling with convection/conduction/radiation full study doesn't work.

It doesn't work, but it doesn't crash. Syrthes computes its full case but C_S stop after the first step. When syrthes job is finished, it writes the results and ends the run.

So I am wondering, is it just not supposed to work altogether (I could see this happen since we need to attribute processors to the radiation solving but this is not defined in the coupling_parameters.py) ? Or am I overlooking something ?

Have a nice day
Yvan Fournier

Re: CS/Syrthes : Conduction/Convection/Radiation study

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I think it should work, though I am not sure who used it recently, and the validation test suite may not test this combination (so it might be broken). As a side note, we should soon have a working internal coupling/radiation model combination in code_saturne, with a different (DOM, semi-transparent) radiation model, but for now (and assuming you need a transparent radiation module), the coupling you are trying is the only option.

Could a post a small test case ?

Regards,

Yvan