Mesh .med or .unv conversion to .syr with syrthes-win32-4.1.1

This forum is dedicated to Syrthes related issues, as the Syrthes tool does not have its own forum.
Laurent Bertrand

Mesh .med or .unv conversion to .syr with syrthes-win32-4.1.1

Post by Laurent Bertrand » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:18 am

Hello,

I couldn't read or convert my linear triangular meshes to .syr format with syrthes win32

-I have tried with .unv format, I get the following error when using Netgen meshes:
"Ideas mesh file : wrong type of elements found (type=41)" (type 41 seems to be for linear triangles, someone already report this trouble in the forum)

So, I have tried to use .med format and I get this error:
..\..\med-3.0.5_SRC\src\misc\MEDversionedApi3C.c [50] : Cette bibliothèque MED n'est pas capable de lire un fichier MED dont le mineur de la versionexcède celui de la bibliothèque.

I don't now how I can define and change the source file med-3.0.5 to med-3.2.1.

Could someone help me to update the med source file or anything else?

Best regards

Yvan Fournier

Re: Mesh .med or .unv conversion to .syr with syrthes-win32-4.1.1

Post by Yvan Fournier » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Hello,

For this you would need to either export MED files to an older version using a recent SALOME version (but I am not sure you can export to versions older than 3.2), or regenerate the Syrthes binaries.
Using a Linux version this is easy, but to my knowledge only the Syrthes developers have the scripts to generate the Windows version, so you would need to write directly to the syrthes-suffort at edf dot fr adress (though I am not sure how often it is checked).

Best regards,

Yvan

Laurent Bertrand

Post by Laurent Bertrand » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:02 am

Dear Yvan,

Thank you for you quick answer. I have some questions:
-Do you mean: syrthes-support@edf.fr or syrthes-suffort@edf.fr?
-I didn't find the way in Salome or forum to export the Mesh in older Med version. Could you please explain me the procedure?
-Do you think that I can modify the medC.dll in syrthes folder to call the new MED version?
-Finally, is it a way to use the mesh in .unv format? What kind of algorithm should I use? I get Licence problems when I am using MG-Tetra

Best regards

Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:42 am

Hello,

Sorry for the typo (typing from my phone).
It is syrthes-support@edf.fr.

Changing the dll might work, assumimg the hdf5 dll matches, but dolls from the Syrthes scripts and Salome might use different build systems so you may have dependency issues. There is no risk in trying anyways...

With recent Salome versions, choosing the MED version is a sub-option in the export mesh as MED dialog. I am not sure if it is missing from the Windows version...

Best regards,

Yvan