Syrthes parallel results

This forum is dedicated to Syrthes related issues, as the Syrthes tool does not have its own forum.
karlv

Syrthes parallel results

Post by karlv »

Hi There,

New to Syrthes. I installed Syrthes4.3.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 and everything seems to be working (except I did get an error during syrthes-post build, see attachement). The plan is to couple syrthes with Code_Saturne.

I have run the cases in serial and in the POST directory I find the .rdt files which I can view in Paraview.
If I run in parallel I do not get any errors and the simulation runs fine but now in the POST directory I can only find the last result file (no .rdt files). The last result is correct but I am wondering where are the .rdt files?

Are they stored in a different place or do a manually reconstruct them from the command line? As the result is correct it looks like Syrthes does manage to reconstruct the result into a single file but it does so only for the final result.

Thanks
Karl
Attachments
ERREUR.log
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Syrthes parallel results

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Helllo,

Do you have the same issue in serial mode ? It is not clear whether the issue is due to parallelism.

Also, I do not use Syrthes very often, so I am not sure, but there might be keywords handling output frequency/which output is converted.

You log file seems incomplete, and it is not clear whether is is a compilation or execution issue.

Regards,

Yvan
karlv

Post by karlv »

Hello Yvan,

No I do not have this problem in serial. Please see the attached listing files for cas3disk3d. I have asked for 5 steps and results for every time step. As I said it runs fine in parallel but only writes out the last result as shown in the listing.

I have also attached all my install log files. all of them seem to have the same "mkdir" issue. Maybe this is not an issue after all.

Then I have also noticed that even though I specify in the setup.ini file that blas should be installed in the setup file created during installation it says that blas should not be installed.

Regards,
Karl
Attachments
setup.ini
(4.41 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
listing_serial.log
(14.34 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
listing_parallel.log
(16.67 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
karlv

Post by karlv »

and some more log files
Attachments
install_log_files.zip
(25.16 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
setup.log.log
(3.23 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'm not sure, but I suspect the script might not reassemble (from parallel to serial) intermediate files
(as you log files seem OK at least on a quick read)

I'm out of office this week, so I can't ask the Syrthes team to check either...

I'll try to check in a few days.

If anybody else who runs Syrthes has encountered this issue (or uses this feature), I encourage you to participate and help answer this thread...

Regards,

Yvan