SYRTHES5 installation, can't create PPFUNC object file

This forum is dedicated to Syrthes related issues, as the Syrthes tool does not have its own forum.
kenneth

SYRTHES5 installation, can't create PPFUNC object file

Post by kenneth »

Hi everyone,

I am having issues installing SYRTHES 5.0.8 on our local HPC cluster. Looking at the logs, the initial issue was related to syrthes_ppfunc where the object file "ppfunc_clim.o" could not be created. Please see log files and setup.ini file used in the zip folder "syrthes_cannot_create". To try and fix this, I then went into the syrthes folder directory and altered the makefile for ppfunc (syrthes5.0/src/syrthes-ppfunc/src/Makefile). There was a commented line to create a build directory, which I simply uncommented.

With the above-mentioned change, the installation seems to go through fine. However, when I try to run a coupled case I get the following error "./syrthes: error while loading shared libraries: libsdis.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". I have attached the logs and setup.ini file in zip "syrthes_shared_object". I am using CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 and using intel compilers (2019a easy build toolchain).

Any advice or help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Kind regards and thank you in advance,

Kenneth
Attachments
syrthes_shared_object.zip
(19.6 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
syrthes_cannot_create.zip
(17.99 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: SYRTHES5 installation, can't create PPFUNC object file

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This probably means there is a missing library search path. If the Syrthes environment is loaded correctly, it should not happen.

For a quick and dirty solution, adding the path to this library in LD_LIBRARY_PATH should solve this. To know where to find it, that library is usually bundled with Syrthes, unless you want to install it from sources (https://www.meso-star.com/projects/stardis/stardis.html) and handle the (long) dependency change,

So this would look a bit like:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<your_stardis_lib_path>:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

before building. You may also need to add this path in the syrthes.profile for use once installed.

Best regards,

Yvan