CS & Syrthes Coupling error in CAELinux

This forum is dedicated to Syrthes related issues, as the Syrthes tool does not have its own forum.
Pino

Re: CS & Syrthes Coupling error in CAELinux

Post by Pino »

Hello Yvan,

I tried to run the analysis (3Disks2D) as you suggested, I get the results, but there is always the error message. Below a zip file that contains the listing files and the complete text of the terminal.
3Disks2D_listing.zip
(323.02 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Regarding the second case, the file listing of Syrthes contains only one line with the date on which the analysis was performed.
So I decided to create a case similar to the one downloaded from the EDF site, create the meshes with Salome and set up the simulations.
Also in this case I get error messages, please find attached another zip file that contains the meshes, xlm and syd files in addition to the error listing. I would like to understand if the problem is my environment or I am doing something wrong.
SIMPLE_CASE.zip
(200.48 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Thank you very much for your help and for all the time you are dedicating to me.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

By the log of the terminal, it seems that although the computation runs normally, Syrthes crashes at exit, which leadsto a "non-clean" exit.

Did you compile the Syrthes version from the old Syrthes site or CAELinux, or use the ones from our "pre-requisites" page (https://www.code-saturne.org/cms/sites/ ... _12.tar.gz) ?
If this is not already the case, I recommend our link, which has some bug fixes. Otherwise, I can guide you through a "debug" install so as to locate the bug on the Syrthes side.

I also recommend switching to code_saturne 5.0.11 instead of 5.0.4 (or better, 6.0 if you are ok with updating user source files). It will not make a difference in this case, but has some other bug fixes.

Regards,

Yvan
Pino

Post by Pino »

Hello,

I'm using CAELinux with Salome-CFD V8.5 installed.
Now I have just installed code_saturne 5.0.11, but I have some problem with the Syrthes installation.
I have downloaded the archive from your link, I have compiled the file setup.ini, please find attached an zip file containing ERREUR.log, setup.ini and terminal.txt that show a "warning".
syrthes.zip
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
I tried to find the GUI, but it is not been created (the same for the folder that should containing the GUI).

Thanks again for your help.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I forgot to specify that the new Syrthes build requires Python 3 / Qt5 / PyQt5 (code_saturne can use either Python 2 or 3, and either Qt4 or Qt5).

I recommend installing those (with the dev package) if the CAELinux distribution is up to date enough to handle those.
Otherwise, if it is too much of a problem, a possible solution would be to keep the old Syrthes source directory tree, but replace the "syrthes-kernel" from the old tree with the one from the newer sources, and reinstall. This is a bit ugly but should be enough to fix the bug.

Best regards,

Yvan
Pino

Post by Pino »

Hello Yvan,

I was not able to install syrthes 4.3.5, but I replaced the "syrthes-kernel" and reinstalled syrthes, now it seems to work correctly (I performed a couple of analysis without errors).

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards

Pino