The course (sponsored by CECAM) will take place from 4 to 6 October 2017.
The following topics will be dealt with:
- Introduction to turbulence, focusing on Large-Eddy Simulation (LES)
- Description of the latest fully validated version of Code_Saturne ( V5.0) and its structure
- Using Code_Saturne's GUI
- Using Code_Saturne's user subroutines
- Introduction to HPC, and Blue Gene/Q
The following hands-on sessions will be delivered first:
- Hands-on Session: laminar flow through tube bundles using the GUI
- Hands-on Session: LES of flow through tube bundles with GUI
- Hands-on Session: LES of flow through tube bundles with user subroutines
The last hand-on session will offer the opportunity to the attendees to perform a simulation on 128 nodes (up to 8,192 threads) of the Blue Gene/Q overnight.
The second part of the tutorial will deal with:
- Hands-on Session: use of subroutines for advanced post-processing
- Hands-on Session: effect of the partitioning on the time to solution
- Hands-on Session: code-code coupling (flow in a pump)
- Hands-on Session: turbulent flow in a pump using Code_Saturne's turbomachinary module
More details and registration are to be found at: https://eventbooking.stfc.ac.uk/news-events/code-saturne-2017
Accommodation, refreshments, lunches and dinners are provided (but not travel).